1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How do you attack a yard?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by shiznitttt, Jul 16, 2004.

1. shiznitttt

shiznitttt LawnSite Member

Just starting out, and was wondering if you guys edged, weedeat, and then mow? Maybe this is a stupid question, but my curious mind was wondering how the "big" mow a yard. thanks.
  2. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Jump out and mow it, trim everything including edging along the walks, then blow off and leave.
  3. shiznitttt

shiznitttt LawnSite Member

I have noticed when I mow first, I need to go back over the yard to pick up clipping from the trimming.
  4. spcfoor

spcfoor LawnSite Senior Member

I mow then trim then blow. the only time i trim first is if the weeds are really long and i know that it would look bad if I mowed first. If you trim every week then it shouldn't be a problem.
  5. odorisio

odorisio LawnSite Member

one guy grabbs the mower, the other grabbs the trimmer, they do it in synch covers both issues, one clippings are mulched and trimmer guy catches whatever the mower misses.
  6. Longstar

Longstar LawnSite Member

I think it looks good to edge first then mow and trim. I usually like for the edger to go first then the mowers can go. this picks up the edge trimmings and mulches them with the rest of the grass.
  7. all degree

all degree LawnSite Senior Member

I like to sneak up on the lawn so it doesnt expect the attack. It also fun to hear the grass scream when you surprise it...
  8. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

9. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

alldegree thats funny as S%&t LMAO
  10. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Mow, edge, trim and blow. Unless stated like above, if its out of control, trim and edge first.