How do you balance landscaping and mowing?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by hudsonhawk, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Kawizx62003

Kawizx62003 LawnSite Silver Member

Interesting and productive conversation. Subscribed. Sounds like the auto or cc pay would solve a big part of the OP's problem. Well actually now that I think about it, it's not a problem at all! Too much work, that's a good thing. Sounds like a few adjustments can be made to make things way better.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. RSK Property Maintenance

RSK Property Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

well since i'm a solo guy for now, I cut 3 days a week and do other maintenance work 2-3 days per week depending on what jobs i have. This year I booked work for the entire summer in the fall with my existing 24 lawn customer i have. So I didn't need to advertise to stay busy. But i need to get a part time employee on board soon, October,November and part of December are fall clean ups so no issues there, and that 6-7 days a week. Starting in April i'm going 7 days a week until end of June. really the only slow time I had was July and August not this year. So I don't do much landscaping work, 90% of what i do is maintenance, clean ups, shrub pruning, brush removal, over seeding, weeding, mulching, fixing lawns.... and I have my own dump trailer so I can deliver all my own materials for any job. And all my customers pay when I send out a bill that is net 10.