how do you bid

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Mowerboy04, Dec 28, 2005.

1. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

How do you bid comerical accounts? what is the best way to figure out the cost what do u need to consider. any advice would be greatly apreicated.
    thanks alex
    don't mind my spelling

2. lawn_pro

lawn_pro LawnSite Senior Member

bid 'em high....

3. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

wait till your a legal adult.... no real commercial property is going to take your bid, your not old enogh to sign a contract.....

4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

You might also keep in mind that most commercial business will require at least $1,000,000 coverage of general liability insurance.

5. jayycrew

jayycrew LawnSite Member

I am also getting into cutting lawns, I do mainly landsacaping for residential. How do you bid comerical accounts for mowing? what is the best way to figure out the cost what do u need to consider. Please help www.welandscapit.com

6. The Turf Pro

The Turf Pro LawnSite Member

I don't have all the answers but bid an account on what you feel it's worth for you to do it. Of course if you can find out what they are now paying makes it real easy.

7. rfed32

rfed32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Hatboro

you can go to your local township and see what the bids did last year...go a little higher than that if it will be worth the time you are spending there...like take a your hourly price times it by how many hours it will take you and bingo you go it...well thats how i bid my comercial kinda like i bid my plowing but im not sure if thats good i plowed b4 i landcaped so i did what i knew...others might say different jst MHO

8. RyanD

RyanD LawnSite Member

If you search for the word "costs" or look inat my posts by clicking on my name you will find a lot of posts on this topic.

9. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

with a sig line like your why you even bother to ask????

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

10. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Yep. What he said^