1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How do you bill?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Rcgm, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Rcgm

Rcgm LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

I was just wondering how do you guys bill?Do you leave the bill in the door or do you mail them?Do you bill monthly or weekly?

Just curious
  2. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I bill once a month. I include a self addressed return envelope(no stamp) with the invoice, and mail them all out.
  3. ozd12005

ozd12005 LawnSite Senior Member

Same here. All go to my P.O Box
  4. dsmrolla06

dsmrolla06 LawnSite Senior Member

I am billing credit cards one day after service, and im doing monthly prepayment invoices.

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Starting this year I've switched to two separate billing cycles, one from the 1st - 31st and the other from the 16th - 15th of the following month. Hoping this will improve cashflow.

Also, all new clients get a "discount" if they let me bill the charges each month to a credit card. Cost per service is a little higher if they want to send a check. I do have a few pre-pays and a few on a fixed monthly rate too. And some that don't like to pay at all...:laugh:
  6. Precision Lawns

Precision Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

That's what we do as well. Eventually we'd love to switch to next-day credit cards, to help improve cash flow (as well as fix our late-payer problems), but most of our customers are really good about paying on time.