1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How do you charge commercial customers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turf Manager, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Turf Manager

Turf Manager LawnSite Member

Hey guys: I am in the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia, near Hagerstown, MD and Winchester, VA. I have the opportunity to get a commercial contract for a retail chain with 9 locations. For any of you who may already have this kind of contract, I am wondering how you charge. I would mow, as well as mulch, weed control, fertilization, plant flowers, as well as possible aeration and seeding, if needed. For example, do you charge by each individual service for each location? If so what sorts of prices are you charging? So far all my commercial customers are local and just have one location so I charge them the same way I charge my residential customers. This is a large retailer that is a national chain. Any suggestions are appreciated!....Thanks!
  2. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

Price it the same way as you do for residentials. Time, labor, materials, etc. then bill at end of the month.
  3. Merlin300

Merlin300 LawnSite Member
    from Zone 5

Ask the customer what they prefer. Some want a invoice for each location. Some want all the locations on one bill. Most I find want a invoice for each location, that way they know where their money is going for each location.