How do you charge customers?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by tlc1994, Feb 17, 2011.

?

How do you charge your customers?

Poll closed Feb 20, 2011.
  1. Parcel (mail)

12 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. Email

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. Invoice under doormat

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  4. Other

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. tlc1994

tlc1994 LawnSite Senior Member

How do you guys send your invoices to customers?
    -Parcel (mail)
    -Email
    -Invoice under doormat
    -Other?

2. Ted at HindSite

Ted at HindSite Inactive

I'll be curious to see how many people choose email. Seems like a nice way to cut back on office costs.

3. Green Feet Lawn

Green Feet Lawn LawnSite Member

Primarily mail but we have started emailing from quickbooks and I like it but a large percentage of my customers are older and have not fully embraced the electronic age of business.

4. Ted at HindSite

Ted at HindSite Inactive

At least you've got it started. Nice way to gather up emails for newsletters, reminders, things like that. Then it's all in place as things change.

5. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Some email, some through the mail & some get a bill left behind at the end of the month.

6. tlc1994

I personally think that mail is an unecessary expense. Stamps add up over the years and, even though it may be unprofessional, I would rather leave it under the mat then send it off. Email is the paramount option, however.

7. tradeyouraccounts

tradeyouraccounts Banned

%95 email the rest via snail mail. Saves allot of money over the course of the year and it just takes seconds to send a whole bunch.

8. tlc1994

I'm curious... for those who picked other, what is your method?

9. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

That would be us. Over 90% snail mail, very few email. One of my goals for this year, increase the amount of emails. A few even use the bill pay first of the month so the checks there!
    Postage is a big drainer, along with envelopes, then printing all those invoices.

Really pushing the email route hard this year.

10. Barefoot James

Barefoot James LawnSite Senior Member

Other should have been e-mail and mail - we do both probably 80% mail the rest e-mail - our organics only we leave an invoice when we do the service. So we do three types. Need more selections - you should stop this thread and redo it to get a better response.