1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How do you charge customers?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by tlc1994, Feb 17, 2011.

How do you charge your customers?

Poll closed Feb 20, 2011.
  1. Parcel (mail)

12 vote(s)
  2. Email

4 vote(s)
  3. Invoice under doormat

2 vote(s)
  4. Other

3 vote(s)
  1. melvern

melvern LawnSite Member

Between 1/2 & 1/3 are by email and almost almost all of these pay online. The processor sends out several checks together in an envelope. The first time, I pulled out a check & then started to throw the envelope in the trash when I noticed it felt heavy. Two more checks inside.

I am in Florida with a lot of seasonal residents, so I communicate a lot by email. Back when we were having all the hurricanes, I sent out weather updates because they were "freakin' out" & kept calling me.

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

for mowing the majority pay me when im there and if not they leave the $ out for me. if there not home they just pay it the next time i mow. For cleanups and mulch i leave an invoice when the job is done and they either write a check or mail it and for snow plowing a few pay on the spot but if its night time or they're not home i just mail out an invoice and they mail a check