How do you clean the in tank screen within your Solo back pack sprayer??

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ChicagoLawn, Jul 11, 2011.

1. ChicagoLawn

ChicagoLawn LawnSite Member

Hello,

Anyone know how to clean the inner screen(inlet point) located near the base of a Solo back pack sprayer (inside the tank). It seems that much build up occurs within a few days which basically leads to no pressure at the spray tip.

Thank you very much in advance!

Joe

2. bflower

bflower LawnSite Member

pouring a gallon of hot water in and shaking for a minute or so seems to free mine up. just unplugged one this morning- beats disassembly! sure you did but be sure and regularly clean screen at end of wand as well.

3. ChicagoLawn

ChicagoLawn LawnSite Member

Ok, I can see how hot water can work. Have you ever removed the screen at the botom of the tank? Im just curious to see if there is a fool proof way to remove/clean/reinstall the screen to get back to work in a timely manner.

Thank you,

Joe

4. bflower

bflower LawnSite Member

never needed too - hot water always has worked. Seems like most clogging is due to gummed up surfactants, settling material and foreign material building up.

5. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

got an idea, I don't have one, but take your tip off and hold down your trigger and blow water through it backwards. Should work.