1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How do you clean up?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Edgewater, Apr 15, 2003.

1. Edgewater

Edgewater LawnSite Senior Member

iI use my backpack to blow beds on to the lawn and they pick up with my z-master.

Do those of you that have ztrs pick up all the leaves, or do you tarp and blow the bulk and than vacume clean?

2. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I use my ztr with vacumn as much as I possibly can, blow out beds, close to house etc, then run mower, might have to leaf rake alittle.
  3. Navig8r

Navig8r LawnSite Senior Member

I've found that using the blowers first, then the ZTR to vacuum the straggling leaves seems to work best..... Also allows me to stripe the lawn when finishing, leaving it looking manicured.
  4. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

Generally hand cleaner at the shop and then soap and water when I get home?:D
  5. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

BP Blower, R***, Mower with bagger. ;)
  6. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

One way to clean-up is to have a good profit margin. As For leaves I use back packs around any beds and buildings and wb blower for piling. Last year I load the truck by hand, this fall I will have a leaf loader mounted on a dump trailer. In the Spring I cut the grass right after a clean-up.
  7. AGG Lawn Maintenance

AGG Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member
    from Elberon

Good eye, Good eye Navig8r. I do the same makes for good curb appeal. Travis
  8. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

well i use a cyclone rake with leaf loader hose hooked on a tractor to clean out beds and curb side.then i run my ztrs or my w/bs and have someone with a blower catching the leaves that are missed (blow out from the front of the mower)
  9. Navig8r

Navig8r LawnSite Senior Member

Did a cleanup Sunday for a customer who wasn't home..... Striped the front yard nice..... double vacuumed the rear, nice criss-cross stripes :)

Got a letter with the payment...."we are VERY PLEASED with your work...... please come by and give an estimate for....."

I know that when they left the lawn looked like cr@* and when they got home, they were met by a well-manicured lawn!

Easy way to get a little positive attention.:)
  10. troblandscape

troblandscape Guest

I use a back- pack blower to blow out beds. For the turf I use push blowers, one guy pushing, and another guy raking in front of the wind chute. Lawn mowers don't pick up sticks, My way is very labor intensive but it gets a property cleaner than, Billy with just the back-pack and mower, :blob3: