How do you convince/tell the wife you need a new mower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Dpatt07, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Dpatt07

Dpatt07 LawnSite Member

Ok, so I just bought a new mower and I know I had to do a lot of bargaining with my wife to get it. I was just wondering what you guys or gals tell your significant other about why you need a new mower. This situation might be more suited to solo operator or part-timers. I know some of you full time guys replace equipment every couple of years. The mower I sold was 3 years old and only had 240 hours on it. Just curious to see what kind of response you come up with.

2. i just go and buy it, she doesn't say a word, she knows I don't just buy stuff for the hell of it.

3. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

She doesn't care because she sees the cash coming in.

4. pblc

pblc LawnSite Member
    from South

wow..... only 240 hrs - I hope you were upgrading....

5. Southern Pride

Southern Pride LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Memphis

The pants. Wear them.

6. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

As long as my wife knows the camper will be pulling out ever other weekend this year she could care less what I buy. I dropped a few accounts to spend some time living instead of working this year. I have found that no matter how much money you make its never enough. Tell your wife its just something you need.

7. LandscapeSavannah

LandscapeSavannah LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

She has no idea what gets purchased. I like to keep work at work. When I am home that's what it is all about.

8. rain man

rain man LawnSite Silver Member

I just say "Me like'em. You cook'em supper". lol.

9. Premier landscaping south

Premier landscaping south LawnSite Senior Member

:confused::dizzy:

10. 360ci

360ci LawnSite Senior Member

Exactly! However, my wife knows I buy stuff for the hell of it, and she does the same. To each their own. It's not worth the argument, and if I ever feel a whip on my backside, she knows where the door is.