How do you do it ???

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Maxwells, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Maxwells

Maxwells LawnSite Member
    from NZ

How do you guys manage your work load eg> if you start to get lost of accounts - especially those with over 100+ lawns how do you manage the work load , when to cut the lawns etc and how often - Do you have simple spreads sheets ? or certain computer packages .... could anyone shed some light on this ? as we are getting busy and trying to manage all our accounts manually is challenging

many Thanks
  2. mommacutz

mommacutz LawnSite Member

We only have about 48 accts and we use groundskeeper pro. It's best to get a software program early because the bigger you are the longer it takes to input data and get used to the program.
  3. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

Spring is hard to manage the workload for me. After a few weeks into regular cutting season, and everything is more organized its easy for the most part, I have stopped taking on anymore work except mowing for a while till I get caught up.
  4. rsls

rsls LawnSite Member

I started using Gopher and it has helped tremedously. From printing out daily routes to sending out invoices it is quick and easy but the earlier post is right, start early so you can play with and manipulate it so when things get going your not bogged down trying to figure it out.
  5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

After 11 years and over 100 lawns, I think I have it figued out. :D
  6. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi rsls,

Thanks for thinking of us.
  7. A+ Lawncare

A+ Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

is gopher software free to use?

i'm on a tight budget and of rite now i've been using Lawn Accounts, its good for ppl w/about 30accounts.... its not of capacity to handle anything larger.
  8. rsls

rsls LawnSite Member

no but a good scheduling software is worth its weight in gold when your in the thick of things. but it all depends on you and what you want, most of them have free trials.
  9. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

What a great, informative post. :rolleyes:
  10. Ecobjs

Ecobjs LawnSite Member

We put everything on a rountine sch. We use to take 10 day mowes, every 2 weeks, etc, but now we only cut those that want weekly service. It just got to complicated trying to keep up with it all.

For the last few years we have used spread sheets and for about a year now we have a full time scheduler for the projects. In hindsight I wish I would have taken some advise from this sight and bought a software package like Gopher. Now I am just not sure what it would take to put something like that into practice. As such, "rsls" is right on the money, had we put the software into practice years ago it would have been much easier.