How do you dump?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by HydroCutter, Jun 19, 2006.

1. HydroCutter

HydroCutter LawnSite Member

I am contemplating going into business for myself. I have read a lot about the EZ dumper. I am wondering how do you dump if you do not have an EZ dump. I was just going to use a pick up, and figure I would dump the leaves/grass into the bed. Maybe build up the sides like I see a lot of guys do. How do you dump? How much does it cost?
    Thanks
    Dave

2. wski4fun

wski4fun LawnSite Senior Member

Grass and mulch get unloaded the hard way. For leaves I just layer tarps and pull them off one at a time. If the leaves are wet I will use 1 or 2 more tarps then usual. I am hoping to get a dump insert before the fall.

3. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

Usually close the door and sit down with a good magazine......:rolleyes:

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Don't forget to check the tee-pee roll.
    As for cost, maybe a few cents in paper and flush water but if this concerns you, you can always use public facilities.

:laugh:

edit: gotcha freddy :)

5. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

You have to pull down your pants to... don't you know anything:hammerhead:

edit: ah crap topsite stole my joke or rather he cut in line :(

6. HydroCutter

HydroCutter LawnSite Member

Guess I walked into that one. Any suggestions on what kind of pickup would be good for a beginner?

7. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Buy a 3/4 or 1 ton truck, especially if you do use a dump insert later down the road. I have a Bri-Mar in one of my F-350's. The time/labor savings at the dump is great. It takes about 2 min to dump and go.

8. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

dump leaves----MULCH grass