How do you erase files

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Dunn's, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

How do you erase files that you added to your website that didn't work and everytime you publish your site the pop up as an error message and you have to hit skip button. thanks in advance
  2. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

You go to your files at your server and delete the file.

For example, I just eliminated blue menu image buttons from my web pages and went with plain text links instead. There are two menu scripts that needed to load for that.

When I deleted the buttons, no errors came up, but the code was not needed. So I am going to each page's own code, and deleting the two lines of code pertaining to the menu script files, then resave that, and install it in my server files. And, I'll need to delete the menu script files from my server.
  3. WebMan

WebMan LawnSite Member
    from D/FW TX

If they are actual files just FTP into your site on the server, look for the file, highlight it, and click delete...simple, just like Windows files, most FTP clients have little "Windows-like" are you sure?" pop up boxes even.
    If it's a site building program there is a "trash can" or delete function somewhere, different programs work differently.
    For removing elements from files (like a link or button) the code must simply be removed from the file, not the file itself. Don't delete a photo or button or other graphic without deleting the code too or you will get the "empty box with a "red x" thing" where the code is looking for an image that has been removed.

%$*X$ terrorists...I had to fly yesterday and because of them I had to drink my entire plastic water bottle of whiskey before I even got to security...couldn't hardly find the plane...hic :drinkup: I might be a redneck :usflag: