how do you feel about miracle grow??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BryPaulD, Jul 2, 2004.

1. BryPaulD

BryPaulD LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

just curious about feedback on it? I mixed up a few 5 gallon pails of that stuff and ran it through an industrial sprayer of mine, all over the yard. I'm sure I've noticed a greener color in the lawn and I think I've had to mow it a lil more. I did it twice to my lawn in the last 3 1/2 weeks. Thanks :) And the neighbor acrosas the street has came over a few times to compliment .:p

2. clcare

clcare LawnSite Member

I found it works great on grass and veggies

3. Camelot Gardens Uk

Camelot Gardens Uk LawnSite Member

Me too better on shrubs and flowers have not tried it on grass.

Their granular Rose food works well on roses have 165 plants on one site many yrs old, owner says best ever this yr. Half a trowel round roots twice a year.

Picture of 1 large rose on farm building wall

mad dog2.jpg

4. MiracleMan

MiracleMan LawnSite Member

I use it on new transplants and it's good stuff.

5. Burger

Burger LawnSite Member
    from Montana

I have been using Miracle grow lawn food on my lawn and so far so good.

6. BryPaulD

from MI

Thanks for the replies :). Makes me feel better about it. I wonder what kinda pricing there would be for a miracle gro treatment spray for a lawn? maybe a series of sprays, like a six week deal or something.

7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I like all their stuff and I use it a good bit. I find it is one of the things often requested by name. Miracle Grow, Scotts, Ironite and Roundup.

8. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

Miracle Grow is good, but expensive. I use Plant Marvel products. Very similiar ferts with the same or better results than MG, but cheaper prices.

9. BryPaulD

from MI

do those other products mix with water? I was trying to get some more use out of this big spray rig I have. I use the rig for spraying drywall mud on ceilings for texture and priming. But I thought ??????? hhmmmmmmm, I could spray lawn fertilizer with this thing :D trying to make some extra loot here and there

10. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Miracle grow also makes a formula for lawns. I've bought it at HD before.