1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How do you find house numbers when sending flyer's? ASAP!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by soloscaperman, Jan 9, 2012.

1. soloscaperman

soloscaperman LawnSite Gold Member

I have 3 streets I want to hand out flyer's and google maps doesn't have the street numbers. What do you guys use to get the house numbers or do you just drive by the homes and write them down then send them out?

Sorry for the dumb question but this is going to be the first time advertising since work is slow and I am bored.
  2. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

You might be able to get a list of addresses from an advertising company or the city offices in your town.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

If you are slow and bored, then go ride by and write the addys down. Try yellowpages.com , use look up a person by addy. Put street name in and the names and house #s should pop up.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. Pistol

Pistol LawnSite Member

In our county, we have something called GeoData Explorer & GIS (geographic information systems) tool. I get addresses and the name of the owner. really nice, but labor intensive.
  5. Keegan

Keegan LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

go to whitepages.com and click on address & neighbors
  6. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

Yep, if you're that bored, go for a ride and write the house numbers down to the places you want to service. I totally agree with you on the "dumb" question part. :dizzy:
  7. Dr.NewEarth

Dr.NewEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

Go to the post office!
  8. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

high specific target ability and most cost effective if you already have the proper sized fliers printed up. does not require house numbers or an expensive mailing list.
  9. P&N LL

P&N LL LawnSite Member
    from wny

10. soloscaperman

soloscaperman LawnSite Gold Member

I went on one street and got 16 numbers and each stamp was 45 cents :-( . From what I remember there was a thread on here that you can ask the Post Office to send a large amount of mail or flyers of your business for a cheap price. I will be looking into that later on.

I just used envelopes and hand written each one so the customer won't think it's junk mail.