How do you get banned?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by LawnMower, Mar 27, 2004.

1. LawnMower

LawnMower LawnSite Senior Member

I was looking at threads and I noticed that some of the members have been banned. How in the world do you get banned?

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

There are a few reasons to get banned.
    The worst offender is the new member that signs up to just spam the board over and over with whatever they are selling. Those types of members get the boot immediately.

If a member continually over and over disrupts the forum fighting with members, obscene language, trolling, and total disrespect for the lawnsite community, then action must be taken.
    Fortunately, we have a great bunch of members, so banning is not a big issue here.

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Jodi
    Can i show him????? LOLOL

899-300.jpg

4. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Or posting pics of Jodi's Hubby at work:eek:

perfect_man_21.jpg

5. deere mowers

deere mowers Banned

How did you find out about the people that were banned?

6. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

ha ha.. you guys are funny.
    Great picture pete. I like it a lot.

Deere Mowers: what do you want to find out about them? There's really no way to look them up unless you happen to run across one in an old thread. And their status will say banned.

7. deere mowers

deere mowers Banned

10-4 major. I did not want to know anything about any one . Just curious about the whole banning thing !!

8. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

F350 or larence stone:p

9. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Jodi please forgive me if this is a dumb question but can you explain a little more on the "Trolling"??

Thank You

10. chuckwk

chuckwk Founder
    from KC, MO

Here are a few random definitions of "trolling" for you... (besides the other obvious definitions of how to go trolling as a means of fishing)

*Deliberately posting false information in order to elicit responses from people who really want to help.

*How net veterans bait newbies into responding to forum posts that are inflammatory or provocative. The newbie response is immediately flamed.

*Intentionally disrupting a forum community by posting obviously inaccurate or inflammatory information hoping to get a rise out of people. The perpetrators are known as "trolls".

*Posting outrageous messages to generate many irate responses, or similar conduct

*The act of deliberately posting false or inflammatory information in order to start a flame war or cause aggravation to others.