How do you get business in deed restricted areas?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kleankutslawn, May 13, 2008.

1. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm moving into a new area and the it is deed restricted.i was wondering how do you guys grt business in these areas other then word of mouth.I wanted to put out flyers but the sign out front of the community says no soliciting.any info will help thanks.

2. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Yellow pages.

3. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

can i get permission from the Hoa to advertise?

4. RHill

RHill LawnSite Member

kleankutslawn,

the best way would be to advertise in the local paper or do a direct mail solititation to the area you want to target, As far as deed restrictions go, they only restrict what the owner of the property does with the property and only by civil action. The same with the HOA, they have no authority other than the property owners and residents. You probably need to check with the city to see if there are any city ordinance against it. but you also don't wont to make the HOA mad at you, that can hurt your business.

5. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

I always advertise in deed restricted areas. But if its gated area then I have no clue how you would go about getting in there maybe follow a car in :laugh:. Then just park your truck and flyer/door hanger the place.

6. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

local papers, i get calls but you need permission to get in there, gated communities, that is, but for deed restricted, no flyers