How do you get clients?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by MXrider13, Feb 5, 2011.

Tags:
  1. MXrider13

MXrider13 LawnSite Member

Ok I am 18 going on 19 and I live in florida were the weeds are still growing. I live in a sub division were most of the yards are small so I am only charging 15 an hour to pull weeds. Most yards will only take an hour to do. I have gone door to door dress business causal, sounded professional and the only reply I ever get is "oh sorry, we don't need weed pulling try the people next door" or when a women answers the door "aw thats cute and young man running a business, sorry I don't need lawn care though". How do you get clinets? I've also tried printing out flyers a putting them on the door. I've done everything how do you people get clinets?

2. GTC1187

GTC1187 LawnSite Member

Well, you may want to try distributing between 5-20K fliers or doorhangers. That will get you some business I imagine.

3. GTC1187

GTC1187 LawnSite Member

You also may want to try charging a higher rate per hour. Our hourly rate per man is $60.

4. Gravelyftw

Gravelyftw LawnSite Member

charge about $40 an hour. If you think a yard is gonna take you an hour to do charge them $40. but I dont reccomend telling them your charging an hourly rate. And make fliers/posters/business cards anything but door to door

5. MXrider13

I guess Ill go with the flyer Idea

6. MXrider13

lll try fliers and make it $30-$40 dollars.

7. Baytownlawncare

Baytownlawncare LawnSite Member

Website. Flyers are a waste of time. You have to put out so many and when you get to the door sometimes there are 3 other cards stuck in the door for lawn service. People throw them in the trash or don't even bother taking them off the door.

8. 944own

944own LawnSite Bronze Member

try a ad on craigslist, you will get allot of cheapos but if you are cool with those sort of prices you could get covered up pretty quick. good luck

9. MXrider13

I found a few "cheapos" already.

10. New2TheGreenIndustry

New2TheGreenIndustry LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

Some may consider the "Flyer/rock in a bag" method taboo, however, you will generate some business. It might be a cheaper way to get your name out there. Keep in mind, it is the cheap way...not the most professional. Once you have the ball rolling I would look into direct mail ads. Do a search on here, there is a lot of useful info on vendors etc.