1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How do you get it done?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by AbsoluteCurbAppeal, Jan 4, 2006.

1. AbsoluteCurbAppeal

AbsoluteCurbAppeal LawnSite Member
    from iowa

10 Commerical/30 Residential lawn care accounts a wk about 38hrs of work. Most of them want snow removal. How can I possible do those accounts in a timely manner????? Do you guys sub to construction companies? This is a real problem when it comes to growing my business!!!
  2. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Hire help?
  3. AbsoluteCurbAppeal

from iowa

So I hire help--- need more work in the summer to pay he/she most of which requires more snow removal. How can I get a balance??? Has anyone had luck with subing out snow.
  4. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Hire temporary winter help. Just because you hire them for snow doesn't mean they have to work all summer.

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

A lot of snow work can be done at night so guys can do it even if they work a day job and would have no interest in cutting grass all summer.
  6. AbsoluteCurbAppeal

from iowa

thanks guy's
  7. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Is this your only job? 40 accounts a week at 38hrs, I don't see the problem. How many are full service accounts, or only cutting? Like others said, just hire help for the winter work.
  8. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

network with other small buisness owners, they probanly need the work and wont try and steal it away from you. If you fear them trying to take over the job for themselves have them sign something. Now you dont have to buy additional equipment until your more financially stable, and your customers wont go looking for someonelse.
  9. rfed32

rfed32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Hatboro

for the snow jst sub it out...i mean these days everyone and their mother has a plow so there are new commers left and right looking for work and pay them in the 60dollar range they will get it done
  10. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

What? You want to only work 20 hrs a week or something? Some weeks i rack up 38hrs by Wednesday night!