1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

how do you get low interest government loans

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by hsieh, Feb 7, 2009.

1. hsieh

hsieh LawnSite Member

how and where do you get low interest loans to start business?
  2. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

the research I have found, there is NO such thing.
  3. hsieh

hsieh LawnSite Member

a friend told me his friend got a low interest government loan to buy a storage facility. he had to use his house as collateral though.
  4. NC Greenscaper

NC Greenscaper LawnSite Senior Member

Do a seach for SBA. Go to your closeth SCORE office. Find out where your local community college business development office is. check out this link http://www.sba.gov/index.html
  5. hsieh

hsieh LawnSite Member

also is it good to advertise in the yellow pages? i've already bought magnets to put on people's mailboxes.
  6. hsieh

hsieh LawnSite Member

the guy at the yellow pages company pointed out to me that the people who have the big ads stay year after year meaning they're working for them. i live in an area with about 150,000 population.
  7. MowHouston

MowHouston LawnSite Bronze Member

Do a search on the forums for "Yellowpages". There is all kinds of people asking this week after week.

I'll tell you right now, I saw a post last week where everyone in the post said it isnt worth it. Zero to little response.

Of course the Yellowpages is going to tell you that they come back year after year. They want your money.
  8. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

The government doesnt do the loan. A bank does and the government will "co-sign" it for the bank.

That worked up until a couple years ago. Right now youre not going to get a loan for a start up. Or for anything else for that matter.

Banks arent loaning money.
  9. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

I agree. I would put together a solid business plan, and shop it around to wealthy friends or people you have come in contact with. I am using private funding on a few deals right now. As long as you can provide the with a greater return than they would make in the market (which is not much right now) they should be able to bank you.

Ie: their return on a money market account might be 3%, but give them a 15% note for 3 years simple interest.

now thats a good investment.
  10. Tommy Boy

Tommy Boy LawnSite Member

Look in the paper, right under the train for a post office jobs, and buy government land cheap! Waste of time you looking for a loan, go work for someone else first