How do you get real green grass?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Collin, Feb 1, 2006.

1. northwest lawn

northwest lawn LawnSite Member

colin no need to worry hell i took the test and passed it without studying good luck

2. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

That was my thought, really green grass = really green paint!

3. JS Landscaping

JS Landscaping LawnSite Member

What ever you do, dont let True green chem lawn near it, if you think its bad now im sure they will make it worse, hence the name tru-brown......but if the grass is dormant there is nothing you can do about it til the growing season comes around. But if its not, get your licence and start applications, good money in it.....Good luck!

James
    JS LANDSCAPING

4. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

A good balance between IRON & NITROGEN = Really Green Grass. OH and pray for rain, that Helps too LOL!

5. yrdandgardenhandyman

yrdandgardenhandyman LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Lightning storms seem to help too. :waving:

6. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

contact nc state university or look here:

http://ipm.ncsu.edu/pesticidesafety/

7. Mlc gmc03

Mlc gmc03 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

mainly just use iron even miloranite would work well in the spring you dont want to use alot of nitrogen the grass is already growing fast enoguh and giving it even more nitrogen will only make the plant use up more of its storage that it will need in the hot and dry months the iron isnt a permanet fix though it only lasts a month or so you can also get liquid iron that u can tank mix when you do your herb apps but becareful and make sure your spray rig is set up for it because iron is very hard on them

8. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

A couple of guys had said it, Iron and Nitrogen should do the trick. I found some fert. last year with 8% Iron and a high % of Nitrogen (I can't remember the amount of Nitrogen) But it greened up the lawns very well and we were in drought conditions from July until October (pretty much the end of the cutting season). Oh, and water will help too. Even suggest aerating it. But yeah if you are doing these types of accounts you really should know this stuff.:waving:

9. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

I have just completed a sales video for a product line that is used on ag and turf grass. It is going bonkers with golf courses, and I am going to start using it on all of my lawns and seeding jobs.

I have customer testimonials from all over the place on video.

The products are APSA-80, and non-ionic surfactant & wetting agent that opens up the soil to release the nutrients, and Nutriplant AG and SD. Micro-nutrients.

I can give you the links to watch the videos, and I can hook you up with the products at either retail or wholesale prices, depending on which you prefer.

Email me for the links to the videos.

Also it has a no questions ask quarantee, for all money back if it does not work. But if you follow instructions, it works.

Give it a good look.

my email is:

tdwright@wrightimagevideo.com

I haven't built my lawn care web site yet, so you have to use my video email.

Tim

10. echovalley

echovalley LawnSite Member
    from CT

Like they said Iron