1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How do you get real green grass?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Collin, Feb 1, 2006.

1. lugnut#6

lugnut#6 LawnSite Senior Member

ever try lime?
  2. youngbuck

youngbuck LawnSite Member

iron makes the grass green but nitrogen makes it green and promotes shoot growth but u need rain u can put down all the fert you want but kn ow rain no grow.
  3. Collin

Collin LawnSite Member

Call NC State university and they will send them to you.
  4. Collin

Collin LawnSite Member

I do know that it is bermuda grass and I have been doing this for twenty years. I was just asking to see if anyone has a few pointers.
  5. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Thank you Tim for that shameless self promotion....you should look into actually paying for the advertisement...

yes yes...another wetting agent. It is not exactly taking the golf industry by storm we have been using wetting agents for a great many years...this one doesn't appear to be any different.
  6. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Apply water :p
  7. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

Sod King- I apologies for affending you.

However, You are welcome.

If you don't want it, no problem. But, if you get sick, don't talk to your mother in law (like mine, who knows everything about everything) you go and see a doctor. If the doctor is a quack, get a different doctor.

If you want to be a race care driver, don't ask the guy who's care is up on blocks in the back yard about it.

Ask those who are doing it, what ever it is.

Now it appears as though you are NOT the person who asked me for the links. If you are then I apologize for my mistake. But if I am right and you are not that person, then how do you know that these are just like all of the others. In fact, if you listen to those who have used them all, and used these, and they tell you that there is a difference, who are you to argue with those when you yourself have not tried these on a test plot for yourself.

I am telling you what I have seen personally, and what others, both users and objective testers have found, through there testimony on video. If you don't believe them, and if you don't want to make money selling and using them, that is perfectly fine with me.

Yes it was risky mentioning such products, and I am not here to shamelessly promote myself, but if the product works, why mention it, and not tell others where they can get it. That is all.

Best wishes to you, and much success.

8. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I prefer the paint method or artificial turf!

Iron, Nit. water, warmer weather,
  9. cuttinggrassiscool

cuttinggrassiscool LawnSite Member

just a word of cauttion, dont apply to much nitrogen, the lawn can only take in so much, recent studies in my area have shown half pound per thousand. at any rate i believe a smaller amount more frequently is the best, maybe someone will correct me? good luck
  10. down size

down size LawnSite Member
    from indiana

just ad a little fertilizer spring, keep sharp blades and cut different directions .it doesnt hurt to jump in over your head !thats how you learn and ask questions. some people are not lucky enough to know everything