How do you get your ZT mower off the ground to change blades?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jim163, Sep 5, 2006.

1. jim163

jim163 LawnSite Member

I change my blades just about every day. The way I do it is I put the ramp gate to my trailer down and drive the mower half on the gate so that either one of the front wheels is in the air and the back 2 stay on the ground. Looking for somthing different. Anyone use car ramps? thinkin about getting a pair but the only ones ive seen for sale are a foot tall or so - dont think thats high enough. No way to hang a chainfall or that would be my answer. Any suggestions?

2. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a Jungle Jack this year. I should have bought it a long time ago. Lifts the mowers with ease. Plenty of room under to change blades.

3. Tadams

Tadams LawnSite Senior Member

jungle jack here

4. FinalCut05

FinalCut05 LawnSite Member

I used to use car ramps and they worked real good for a while. The only problem I had was driving up them, most of the time they would push back cause the front tires wouldn't grab. Now I use just a floor jack, seems to be workin good but putting the center blade back on can be a pain, cause the jack is in the way. Hope this helps.

5. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I use chain falls

6. WildWest

WildWest LawnSite Senior Member

Been there, done that.

I use a floor jack and an impact wrench. Takes 5 min. to swap blades out now.
    12V impact wrench (240 ft. lbs.) that hooks up to a car battery for changes in the field if need be.

7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

So what problem are you having using the trailer ramp, we do all of ours that way for many years?

8. ProLawns

ProLawns LawnSite Senior Member

Chain fall and air wrench.

9. KyTurf

KyTurf LawnSite Member

Jungle Jack The Way To Go Had Mine For Over 10 Yrs.

10. Pietro

Pietro LawnSite Senior Member

I just use my big ass 3.5 ton jack.