How do you git bids ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jqueencll, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Jqueencll

Jqueencll LawnSite Member

Iam looking for new jobs but i dont know were to fine new bids.....:confused:

2. StoneFaced

StoneFaced LawnSite Member

Post an ad on Craigslist.

3. Agape

Agape LawnSite Bronze Member

Find a neighbor hood that looks like they care about their property and put out door hangers, everyday at least 3 hours a day or more if it's flat.

4. Agape

Agape LawnSite Bronze Member

But how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him? And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him? And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them?

Same almost with lawn maint.- you gotta tell them the good news about yourself.

5. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

If this is the first season, expect to scratch and claw for just a few jobs. The phone will not ring when you want it to. You will have to spend some $$ on marketing with little return. You will get just a couple customers BUT do a good job for them. Keep plugging along, do things right, and after your 3rd or 4th season, the phone will ring, and you WON'T want it to:)

6. Guzzo856

Guzzo856 LawnSite Senior Member

yes,,,, u will have to claw your way through he door for people to THINK about using you.. I get alot of doors slammed on my face. But u gotta hustle to even move in this business

7. Lurch01

Lurch01 LawnSite Member

I have 10,000 Door Hanger going out right now. They work great for My Real Estate business. Hopefully they will work as well for Lawn's. Here is what it looks like. Well Obviously my phone # is on them. I will hit the same homes on the first of next month as well.

These Work.

WOCG-Door-Hanger-front(2).jpg

WOCG-Door-Hanger-back.jpg

8. torotorotoro

torotorotoro LawnSite Senior Member

just do what this guy is doing and lower the price ,mabey $14 a week. if this dont work stand on the corner and hold a sighn that says "will mow for food". the flyers work so good for his real estate buisness he is now mowing lawns.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  9. Tyner Lawn Service

Tyner Lawn Service LawnSite Senior Member

10. yew jest need to git out and work your but off an hand out lotts of flyers an meets witha lot ofs people. an it wl come to yew.