1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How do you guys bid pond installs?

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by syzer, May 20, 2001.

1. cclllc

cclllc LawnSite Senior Member

I plan to attend a build a pond seminar soon.
  2. G.Williams

G.Williams LawnSite Member

My honest opinion.
    Sight unseen.

11 X 16' pond (no stream) $+/-6000

16 X 21' pond (no stream) $=/-7500-8000
  3. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

Would it be safe to say twice the cost of the kit and other materials needed? ie: cost of kit $900.00. Price it at $1800.00 + cost of stone used?
  4. SCL

SCL LawnSite Senior Member

Get some of Aquascapes books like their quarterly periodicals. Don't bother with the videos, they're pricey and suck. The periodicals list what some guys are charging and it sounds like you're way too cheap. I don't build them for that! You might also try pond supplies of america.[www.pondsupplies.com/]
  5. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

I think G. Williams is on the right road here. I have not built one myself yet, but have been to two classes and talked to alot of people about it. It seems that on average most contractors charge 6K to 7600$ for an 11 X 16 pond with a small two foot fall.
  6. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

I know a business man that does the "just double everything" price scheme. he is always either leaving money on the table on easy jobs or losing his shirt and not realizing it. I expect to be servicing all his accounts in another year or two when he goes out of business.

you have to know your costs, the time its going to take and then build in your desired profit.