How do you guys contact Home Owners Associations?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MJK, Feb 2, 2008.

1. MJK

MJK LawnSite Senior Member

There are Subs in my area that I would like to try and maintain the entrances, and I would like to contact the Home Owners Association but I don't know how to go about doing that? Is there someone you can talk to at the town hall? Thanks in advance.

2. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

If they are newer subdivisions then contact the developer. They usually have that info.

3. NC Greenscaper

NC Greenscaper LawnSite Senior Member

Go into the subdivision and knock on the doors and ask for the HOA contact info. They all should have it.

4. MJK

MJK LawnSite Senior Member

Can you do this if there is a no soliciting sign out front?

5. DaveinSWFL

DaveinSWFL LawnSite Member

I look in the phone book. Most HOA'S are in there. Call and request to submit a bid. There are a few HOA'S here that post the current contract/ contact info in the clubhouse or exterior board. If it is posted normally has size of property, number of cuts, when contract expires, and what they are currently paying.

6. NC Greenscaper

NC Greenscaper LawnSite Senior Member

Ignore the sign. you are looking for contact info not peddling kinzu knives

7. jphag

jphag LawnSite Member

Where do you look in the phone book? I just looked in my yellow pages and there is not such a section for HOA.

8. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

Most if not all HOA's hire property management companies to handle all of the dues collections and contracting for services. I would search on Google for property management companies in your area. Contact them and tell them you are interested in getting on their bid list for a some of the HOA's they manage.

9. DaveinSWFL

DaveinSWFL LawnSite Member

Also try look under associations and in the white page section. Not all are listed but quite a few are in my area.

10. Armadillolawncare

Armadillolawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Many have websites. Google the name of the subdivision.