How do you guys get rid of debris from property?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Amco Landscaping, May 15, 2005.

1. Amco Landscaping

Amco Landscaping LawnSite Member

Today i started a huge job at a customers house ripping out bush's well there is a lot more than a couple of loads in my f350 anybody have any ideas on how to get rid of it all. I thought of renting a uhal but that looks tacky!

Matt

2. gogetter

gogetter Banned

No trailer?????

3. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Your a landscape company and your working without a trailer?? :dizzy: I thought I had heard it all..Really the best way to remove debri is with your own trailer.. ;)
    But you don't sound as though you own one soooo :rolleyes:
    Hire somebody who does.Then take the $$ from this "huge" job and buy one.

4. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

chipper/shredder !!!! Feed it in and blow it into your truck. It should reduce bushes, trees and shrubs down from 20 to 1 ratio
    Have everything ready to feed and you might get by with a 4 hr. rental

5. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

The best way to remove debris is not with a trailer. It is as Mac said with a chipper. Matt does it that way all the time, has all the shrubs/bushes/debris lined up... rents the chipper which makes easy work of getting rid of the spoils.

6. Amco Landscaping

Amco Landscaping LawnSite Member

I have an open trailer and thats probably what i will use my truck bed and the trailer and make a couple of trips, just looking for other ideas

7. TheLawnRangerTX

TheLawnRangerTX LawnSite Member

Check with the city where your doing the job. Where I live, the city has a tree truck that comes by once or twice a week and picks up branches, leaves, grass, etc. They pull their own chipper and truck and dispose of it for free! payup

8. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

No kidding guys???I blow the stuff from the chipper into the trailer,but figured he needed the trailer as a first step anyway cuz he said it was such a huge job,I thought a chipper was a given but I guess not.