How do you guys handle Bid spec. sheets

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jpocket, Mar 4, 2006.

1. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I am bidding on a large County contract, and they gave me a Bid sheet. It's just mowing, and they have all of there terms and conditons listed as normal. My question is...the way it's worded they make it sound like they want me to take all of thier terms and put them in my contract. the sheet kinda contradicts it's self B/c it then says they will assume all terms will be complied with and will be considered as part of the Proposal.

This Bid sheet is alittle more than im used to, because all of the Commercial/Institutional accounts that I have, allow me to submit a bid with my terms and conditions. So im not used to such a detailed list of someone elses terms.

Im asking all of the seasoned veterans on this one, if you don't know please don't respond. Thanks no offense

2. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

3. Jpocket

Don't know how, I've been trying for the longest to get some pics of my trucks on here...can't figure it out. Shame on me being the age that I am and cannot do EVERYHING on a computer.

4. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Government's DON'T sign YOUR contract and adhere to your terms....YOU sign theirs and adhere to their terms.

5. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Your suppose to but................................................thats how you get the contracts is bid them according to what they ask and then do about 1/2 of what it said is the way it really works

6. Jpocket

Im finding that out...quick fast and in a hurry. Luckily they were reffered to me, and not me soliciting them, so they are already interested in my company.

7. Jpocket

Bump>>>>>>>>>>>>

8. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

The bid sheet and the proposal should be the same except for price per wk or per mow on the proposal as opposed to 28 wks mowing on the bid. You have there proposal? fill in the blanks with your prices and according to what the bid requires. If you have to make your own proposal form then just follow what the bid says. As Mike says you won't get them to sign yours so they should have supplied you with one of there proposal sheets

9. Jpocket

Thanks sooo much this is what I thought, but again I have never encountered this type of spec. sheet.

How exact and word for word does it have to be? Instead of "The Contractor" can I say: "We will furnish equipment and labor" ?

10. Jpocket

Oh and I don't have a business E-mail Address and it's on the front info sheet for me to fill in. I don't think they will be that anal.