How do you guys mount this?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rob7233, Jun 23, 2007.

1. rob7233

rob7233 LawnSite Senior Member

I know I read before how some of you mount your pole saws to your trailers.
    But I'm looking for pictures on how to best mount a Echo PPT-260 pole saw securely to your open trailer setup. I'm looking for suggestions on mounting one and locking it in. I don't like carrying it inside the trailer since it still gets bounced around(and possibly damaged) and it's laying there begging for someone to steal it.

Anyone got any pictures or a description on how they mount/lock it up ? :confused:

2. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Blowers and hedge trimmers and chain saw are inside the cage. Two backpacks, the articulating hedge trimmer, a regular hedge trimmer and a chain saw. I made a second shelf on one end for the small hedge trimmer and the chain saw.

4. rob7233

I've already looked at several manufacturer's websites for some kind of mounting bracket with no luck so far. As far as going inside the cage, that's a no-can-do since the pole saw is a minimum length of 108"/ 9 feet.

As far as I know, something probably needs to be made and I'm looking for ideas. Thanks for the input and replies so far though.

5. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

I have an open 16' trailer with a Trimmertrap T-2 on the curb side. My trimmer goes in the top, my stick edger in the middle and my pole saw (when I carry it) in the bottom. The clamps open enough to put the handle in like you would a trimmer and fit tight enough when locked it won't turn.
    Saw blade to the front, pointed down. Regardless of how you end up mounting it, you may want make some type of sheath for it. Those saw blades can give you some nasty cuts.

6. rob7233

I appreciate the input on the TrimmerTraps but I already have it setup with the new Green Touch Xtreme Series Three Place Trimmer Rack. The shaft on this Echo Polesaw is too big and will not accept the mounting brackets provided on the Xtremes. For reference go to: www.trailerracks.com

Has anyone had one made for this? I'd love to see some pictures of it. FYI: go to www.echo-usa.com to view the PPT-260 pole saw... :weightlifter:

7. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry about that Rob. I misunderstood, and was thinking of a manual extendable pole saw. I am going to get a PPT-230 or 260 this fall and will have the same problem.

Jim

8. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

I have 6 stihl pole saws they do not Get Mounted, No Way, my pole trimmers do though.

9. rob7233

Bet you have an enclosed trailer. I'm looking to find or make a mount for an open trailer that's secure and lockable for this model pole saw. I'm still needing suggestions and/or pictures on how I might do this. Somebody help me out here. I have to have some ideas for tommorrow (Monday) !! :cry:

10. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

Why don't you call Trailerrack with the problem? I'm sure they could fab some brackets to fit. Doubt they could have something by Monday though.