how do you guys price this

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by shannonblocker, Mar 31, 2013.

1. shannonblocker

shannonblocker LawnSite Member

Had a customer call and he has a huge yard. 69050 sq ft. How do u quote this. I get 6 bucks per thousand.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Jaybrown

Jaybrown LawnSite Bronze Member

$100 or so or 6x69 your price

3. shannonblocker

shannonblocker LawnSite Member

If I priced it at 6 it would be 400. That's not gonna get many customers. At 100 I won't stay in business long
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. zechstoker

zechstoker LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe this will help some folks here: 69,050 square feet is approximately 1.59 acres. So, what's the going rate for 1.5 acres, and go up a bit from there.

5. doug1980

doug1980 LawnSite Senior Member

You could use your $6.00 per thousand up to half an acre or 22 thousand then drop to $3.00 per thousand for the rest.

6. wildstarblazer

wildstarblazer LawnSite Senior Member

Figure how much the product will cost to apply to 69K then figure how long it will take you to apply it. Add your hourly rate plus the cost of the product = price for application. That's My method anyway.

7. zechstoker

zechstoker LawnSite Senior Member

My apologies... Because the LS app doesn't show what forums new topics are on (unless you go to 'forums', I thought you were talking about something totally different. Disregard my initial comment as it doesn't apply to chemical applications.

8. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

You lose money on the bigger lawns,

9. kbrashears

kbrashears LawnSite Senior Member

No, you don't. You just make less than a small one in terms of percentage of net vs gross. You still make a good chunk of change and there is an offset in time saved not transporting to the next job. I love big lawns. Bring em on. Ill drop my rate past 1/2 acre and maintain that for remaining square footage.

10. wildstarblazer

wildstarblazer LawnSite Senior Member

or you could do two 1/2 acres at full price. Kind of equals out either way. One way you save a little gas money and the other you get full price but use more gas. 6 of one half dozen of the other.