How do you guys promote your Fall cleanup

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by MJK, Aug 8, 2006.

1. MJK

MJK LawnSite Senior Member

Just use flyers and stuff like that or any door to door marketing? I wanna get a bunch of fall cleanup clients for this fall. Thanks for the help

Marc

2. richallseasons

richallseasons LawnSite Senior Member

I have never had to I always get more than I can handle.

3. MJK

What do you guys use for Fall cleanup?

4. Sup3rman

Sup3rman LawnSite Member

I have a question too. Have you guys ever tried to use one of those smaller lawn vacuums? The ones that look almost like a push mower, i forget who makes them specifically. What are your experiences with these? Useful or not really?

5. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

A billy goat? My dad had 1 years ago. I thought it sucked.. Easier to just blow the stuff into a pile and clean it up there.

6. MJK

Do you guys put them in bags?

7. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

if you dont use a dumptruck you really dont have any other choice now do you? we bag leaves up some houses have 75 bags and its herendous but most customers dont care if we leave them for the garbage men and make our lives easier.....

i would never do a cleanup for a non cut customer unless its a nieghbor or friend because i hate leaves even though the hourly pay is great i would rather end the season and take my 2-3 months vacation

all customers get an end of the year letter saying when weekly maint ends for non cleanup customers after that date we end up getting calls from customers who dont get spring cleanups and ask us for a price

8. ribbie78

ribbie78 LawnSite Member

we've never bagged anything. We lay tarps in the back of the trucks and it's easy to pull it out when it's full. Living near the banks of Lake Erie a lot of people like leaves/grass dumped over their cliff to help fight erosion.

I have a nice cliff in my backyard for the rest:dancing:

Personally, I say screw the corn fuel craze- the first guy that gets a tractor to run on grass clippings and leaves will be a zillionaire. All you need is a flux capacitor....

9. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Same here, backpack + push blower + rake + tarp.

That's not to say billygoat is a waste, I have one of their 10hp pushblowers and that thing RULES!

I mean look at the PATH this thing clears in one swoosh (granted those are light leaves, but I assure you it does at least 4 if not 6 times the work of the best backpack blower):
    [​IMG]

10. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I am gonna try to put an add in the newspaper, and do some door-to-door advertizing for it. Also, for equipment, I will use my stihl handheld blower to blow out flowerbeds and stuff, then do the rest with the Dixon. I might look at getting a cheap BP blower, if i get any big cleanups lined up.