1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How do you handle the turns?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by bavaria-n, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

No one really wants to use twice the number of blocks, unless someone else is paying for it. One problem with these block curbs is the shallow depth of soil next to the blocks, and the inability to place a sprinkler head very close to the block.

By the way, don't bother with the 5500 series of heads. Stick to the standard 5000 series. Service will be simpler and cheaper.
  2. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

The 5000+ is cool because it has the shut-off. The 5500 is sure easy to adjust the arc because you can adjust either side.
  3. bavaria-n

bavaria-n LawnSite Member

What do you mean by that?
  4. Wet_Boots

With 60 x 40 and belgian block, I might look at 20-foot spacing with stream rotor heads or MP Rotators.
  5. Whether rotors or spray I came 5' off the curb and used a brass 5' flat full on a 4" popup. that curve is the hottest spot in the yard so applying a higher precip rate than the system as a whole will probably save water because you won't run the system longer trying to green up the curve.
    I used the ones from a company called RIGGS Irrigation Supply but the 100E with the adapter on this link could cut it. I thought WMTIC made a full but they must have discontinued it.

http://www.weathermatic.com/index.cfm?page=100 Series Shrub Nozzles
  6. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

W*M still makes the 105 fc (VERY COOL NOZZLE), but, unlike the adapters they used to make for the 30 series pop-ups, it will now fit risers only. :cry:
  7. Wet_Boots

One could employ a plastic nozzle and do okay.