1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How do you hang christmas decorations on walls.

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by jirrigation, Nov 1, 2006.

1. jirrigation

jirrigation LawnSite Member

I'm getting into Christmas lighting this year, and have no problems with hanging lights along rooflines or on bricks, however I'm unsure about how to hang heavier items like say a wreath onto brick or siding. Anyone have any suggestions, other than having to drill into the siding/brick for an anchor.
  2. green_mark

green_mark LawnSite Senior Member

We drill into the mortar and install a plug. At take down time we screw the head flush with the mortar.
  3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

There are brick clips out there, they are metal and have grippers top and bottom that grip around the brick. Only works if the mortar joint is raked out at least 1/4 inch or so. They do work on the king size brick but takes some streching. They can hold stuff that's heavy like a wreath.

I'm not promoting this site, I just googled and this is the first one I came too: http://wall-coverings.gillroys.com/Cork_wall/2PK_BRICK_CLIP-s900389.html

As for siding, wood, probably just a nail or a screw... And vinal you may jut have to utilize the underside of a window ledge or hang a wire from the eve if you can figure out a way to attach it.