How do you hire only cute attractive professional females 20 to 30's for.....????????

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Exact Rototilling, Apr 12, 2010.

1. rjh4758

rjh4758 LawnSite Member

The only way to legally get away with that kind of selection process is if you call the job a "modeling job". I believe that is one of the few jobs that can get away with discriminating by appearance.

I do not believe it will help you out much as most of my account I deal with a woman, so I think that would be a negative.

2. shade tree landscaping

shade tree landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I deal with alot of wives calling for estimates, as well as the wives begin home when I come by forthe estimate so not sure how well a young women would do.

3. socallawndude

socallawndude LawnSite Member

Who cares if you get accused of discrimination? What, a couple ugly chicks are gonna get upset? Ugly chicks are always upset :D

4. verant

verant LawnSite Senior Member

hahaha well said

5. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

**Update**

Last season I was never able to hire who I really wanted for door hangers and flyers both people had other commitments or family time on weekends was a priority. I hired 2 males that I basically settled on.... just didn't work out very well. OK....it was a total flop.

What seems to be a problem for many is committing to Saturday's weekends for flyers and follow up marketing for aeration campaigns. Aeration season is relatively short so unless people are available on most weekends especially Saturday's I'm not going to hire them.

So here is my plan:

Post job listings at local fitness centers if possible for Part Time flyer distribution technician, estimator and marketer. My logic is that if they have a gym membership they will be more concerned about being presentable.

6. gasracer

gasracer LawnSite Bronze Member

If you really wanted the attention hire them to mow in bikini's. D plus would be a must.

7. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Depending on how old you are and how professionally you act, this could be a little creepy for women who are younger, like in their early 20's. A dealership that used to be in my town was looking for a couple younger, good looking girls to accompany the dealership in a local parade. They wanted the girls to "model" some equipment on a trailer in the parade (kind of like the car show models). I knew one of the girls who they got and you should have heard the comments that the dealer was making, I overheard what he and some employees had said and it was creepy to me. These were 45 year old guys "eyeing" a 19 year old girl.

Now, I think your idea of posting the job in a gym has some potential.

Your other option is to get a couple really ugly women and pair them up with a couple okay looking women, that'll make the okay looking women really good looking.

8. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah I had a very attractive presentable young lady lined up last year and then she felt bad that her friend was unemployed......um ...she was far from her. :cry:
    Case closed position no longer open. Basically squelched the whole deal for everybody.

In the interest of safety and accountability I'm considering hiring twins or two to work at the same time. They can work both sides of the street at the same time. Less boring, maybe competitive, greater accountability. It is concern of mine they actually deliver the stuff not just say they did and throw it out.

9. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't laugh, what I did, have both my daughters working for me. :)

10. Midwest 2

Midwest 2 LawnSite Member

It really depends who you are maketing to. Think about it this way, I would say that 90% of my residential market consist of stay at home moms and elderly. In my area this is the target market, nicer neighborhoods with the husband working, wife staying at home. Granted everyone would rather have an attractive person doing business with them (look at the Pharm. Reps) but as long as your marketers are well dressed and groomed I do not think it is important that they are good looking young females.

I would look at craigslist, anytime we need to do hiring for part-time jobs such as this we have had great success. Both males and females will reply, we recenttly posted an ad and had over 100 replies within 2 days.