How do you keep in touch?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Stinger, Sep 14, 2000.

1. Stinger

Stinger LawnSite Senior Member

What do you use to take messages and communicate with your customers? ie: cell phone, pager, voice mail, home phone, answering machine, secetary at office, answering service, etc. There are several options depending upon the size of business and # of calls you recieve daily. Just wanted to see what you guys like using the best.
  2. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

answer mechine.and if we are on the line we have a answer call service from our phone co. (4.00) per mo. that will record a message while we are on the phone.its a nice thing. durning the day i check my answer mechine (that has toll saver) from my cel phone and make almost 100% of my return calls durning the day.
  3. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

We use a cell phone that is with us all the time. (There is just two of us) When we are working our voice mail picks up any missed calls. Who knows what we will use when we get bigger.
  4. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I have an answering machine at home and carry a cell phone all the time. I only give the cell phone # to certain customers. I don't want Mrs. Old Woman customer to have it.

OBRYANMAINT LawnSite Senior Member

my pager is linked up to my voice mail so it pages when there is a message and i can call back immediately customers really seem to appreciate the instant call back and that is what the technology is for any way
  6. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Cell phone, answering machine and emergency service a cheap $12 month pager.
  7. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 LawnSite Senior Member

i have a cell phone w/ caller ID i only answer when i know who it is i.e. friends. all other calls go to voice mail which i can instatly check and return if i want.
  8. Cell Phone.

I like to answer calls as they come in to get the business done right there and then when the customer makes the call. No returning calls or pages, no answering machines, no phone tag. Mine has caller id included, I have ignored every telemarketer since I began the service.
  9. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

Customers get one phone #, our business line, but it has call forwarding.
    Daytime it is usually forwarded to pager/voicemail; we get pager notification of a message. (Some customers, friends, & suppliers know this is pager/voicemail, most just take it as answering machine. Those who know can just put in phone #, and I have a numerical list of phone #'s in truck.)
    In early morning, out working (no machines) and expecting a call, have it forwarded to cell phone worn on belt.
    Evenings, if feel like taking calls, forward to home.
  10. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

my system is strictly will even take a call while im online such as now....cell phones are to unreliable, u dont want to be talking to a customer or getting info on a new account and the stupid phone hangs up on them cuz u arent getting reception...Very unprofessional

when i get biger maybe in to years i plan to get a secretary