How do you keep track of your mowing accounts?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by bah1491, Jan 21, 2009.

1. bah1491

bah1491 LawnSite Member

I have seen several different ways that people keep track of their accounts, but i just wondered if anyone had anything better!
    somthign along the lines of:
    Account name
    Date mowed
    Price per cut
    paid, or un-paid
    check number
    date paid

if anyone has anything i would greatly appreciate it!

2. pasto_guy

pasto_guy LawnSite Member
    from VA

Quickbooks Pro

3. bah1491

bah1491 LawnSite Member

so, do you just write down what accounts need done, then check them off and as you do them. and once you return home you enter them in the computer?

4. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

I've tried a couple different programs - but I find that Microsoft Excel or an equivalent software (Corel Spreadsheet) works pretty well for me.

5. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a spreadsheet w/ each acct., in the order we mow. One sheet for each day of the wk., and that particular route.
    Column 1: customer name
    2. address
    3. Then 4 blank columns, each column represents 1 wk., write date & time each wk for each customer. X if no service.
    4. column for notes.

At the end of the month I have 6 sheets of info. to enter, one for each day we mow, and I enter info. into QB and send bills. Either via Email or snail mail.
    I keep all these sheets on a clipboard in the mowing truck, and once entered into the computer, I put them into a 3 ring binder. 1 binder for each year.
    This system has worked well for me. I always worry we may lose, or destroy the sheets, so I may go to 1 sheet for each route, and a new sheet for the following wk.
    The nicest thing about keeping the full month on one sheet, I can go back and see which accts. were skipped, or read notes from previous wks.
    Hope it helps,
    Matt.

6. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

While mine all ends up in the computer at the end of each month, I just carry a binder that has a piece of cardstock printed for each client with a yearly calendar where I fill out each mowing.

The binder just stays in the truck till it's time to do the month's billing.

7. bah1491

bah1491 LawnSite Member

Thats pretty much what i do....i downloaded the "groundskeeper pro" demo, and i dont think i like it very well.....im in the process of downloading the program called "gopher" we'll see how this one works

8. TJLANDS

TJLANDS LawnSite Bronze Member

Check out gopher software, does everything you are looking for and more and its cheap

9. fastpitcher

fastpitcher LawnSite Member
    from PA

we use a coffee stained napkin.

No not really qxpress with quickbooks works for us

10. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I put all my stuff into quickbooks, also.