1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How do you keep track of your mowing accounts?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by bah1491, Jan 21, 2009.

1. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

I use Quickbooks.
  2. amor4421

amor4421 LawnSite Member

I actually just got lawnpro software. It was about 100 bucks. I like it so far. they have a good way of keeping track of that info. It works for me. they also have letter writer ability and alot of other things I have yet to figure out. it seems pretty good for me and my solo operation.

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I've never heard of Lawnpro, do you have a link?
    I use a calendar in Excel that I print off with my accounts for each day of the week, then I cross them off as I complete them, works well for me, All my accounts are Monthly Flat Rates.
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  4. amor4421

amor4421 LawnSite Member

i believe the link is lawnprosoftware.com the only thing that sucks is there is no free trial period.

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Does it sink with Quickbooks for invoicing?
  6. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

7. gringo gardener

gringo gardener LawnSite Member

i have a dry erase board set up similar to matt's system ... n i keep a sheet for each daily route in a binder in the truck ... weeks end i input all the route sheet info onto a master copy for each client which also includes payment(s) and check number info and the daily rioute sheets are placed into a monthly folder n stored at the office

the reason why i save route sheets is because if a client ever wonders if we were there or is disputing that we were'nt there ... i simply send them a copy of the route sheet which has the start time written for each in addition to any notes of the day

since i dont keep any pricing info on the route sheets i can send it out to anyone and dont have to worry about exposing the pricing structure as i often have two neighbors paying different prices because they are on seperate programs
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  8. newtostone

newtostone LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Do you happen to have that work sheet and PM me with it?
  9. Southernlandscape343

Southernlandscape343 LawnSite Member

Right now I am using the Demo of Groundskeeper pro. I like how its set up. It seems pretty user friendly. My clients already like the invoice. I don't mind too much that the invoice says demo on it. I'll just tell my clients that I am trying out the software currently to see if I want to purchase it. I am about to download the gopher software and try that aswell. So far so good with Groundskeeper pro.
  10. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

Here's a PDF of mine. The little tiny squares represent the front and back yards, and I draw a line through them to indicate which direction I cut that week, so that I cycle through all 4 mowing angles in order...

Attached Files: