How do you keep your hands clean?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by fiveoboy01, Jun 26, 2007.

1. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

I'm talking about between jobs, I hate getting my steering wheel and interior all sweaty and dirty.

I've been using some zep cleanem's towels, but they leave a kind of greasy residue. I'd like to find something that evaporates quickly. I was thinking alcohol wipes but they're pretty small.

Do you guys use anything to wipe your hands?

2. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

We wear leather gloves for sun protection and control and keeps grease away.

3. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

Youre in the wrong business if you want clean hands.

4. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

I have a steering wheel cover and a seat cover to keep the majority of the dirt from ruining the interior. I used to wear lamb skin gloves, but they were too expensive to justify continuing to buy them.

5. David C.

David C. LawnSite Member

GoJo!!! A little dab 'ul do ya!!!!

6. RutledgeLawnCare NC

RutledgeLawnCare NC LawnSite Member

the way to keep your hands clean from mowing and trimming is when you go to eat lunch order your food and then eat.....after the burger and frie grease soaks into your hands it mixes with the remaining chlorophyle from grass residue on your hands. the uv rays will then "eat up" the dirt using photosynthisys then the leather gloves, as mentioned, will rub off any dirt on your hands. without the use of any soap, water, or cleanser wipe......or something, thanks bye the way im joking

7. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Gee thanks einstein:dizzy:

Excuse me if I don't want to ruin the interior of my truck...

8. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member

Buy a real work truck and make sure you get the self cleaning steering wheel option. Just kidding...3 mexicans and a white guy in a cab forward in 95 degree/93% humidity......we leave orange peels on the floor for air freshener.

9. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

No problem champ. Maybe get some nice gloves to match your skirt and purse.

10. RutledgeLawnCare NC

RutledgeLawnCare NC LawnSite Member

lol...sorry. i have a new truck too and i want too keep it very clean too. i use a hot soapy rag on streering wheele when i wash it. that seems to do the trick.....thanks