How do you know if a pump is weak?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by mtwcutt, Jun 7, 2007.

1. mtwcutt

mtwcutt LawnSite Member
    from OKC, OK

On my 36" Mini Fastrak I have noticed on some inclines that when I am traveling across the incline the left side pump tends to not hold very well and when I am making a slight turn the mower will veer to the right and continue that direction even though I am putting pressure on to go left. Make sense? Are the EZT pump/motors as strong as the seperate wheel motors and pumps on the commercial mowers? What would be an easy test to see if i have a problem or if the incline is just too steep? I hope that makes sense????

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

A few things could be happening here...
    Your drive linkages could be out of adjustment, your engine RPM's may not be at the correct setting and your belt could be slipping, these are all things you need to look at before you think there is a problem with one of the EZT's.
    As far as the EZT's being as strong as commercial pumps and wheel motors, no, they are not, they are not built to be either, they are built for residential / homeowner use.

Pj

3. mtwcutt

mtwcutt LawnSite Member
    from OKC, OK

Sorry I feel dumb. Yesterday evening I found the culprit. When turning on the same incline, same spot I noticed the tire was slipping a little causing it to feel like it was weak. My Bad!! Thanks for the help though!!!!!!!

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Ok.
    Be careful on any slope / incline your cutting.
    Also double check your tire pressures.

Pj

5. timmac

timmac LawnSite Senior Member

what should the tire pressure be on a super z?

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

8 to 10 psi.
    You can experiment a little bit up and down for your conditions.