How do you know what used equipment is worth??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jimmbo407, May 8, 2006.

1. jimmbo407

jimmbo407 LawnSite Member

I am thinking of buying a 2 year old 61 inch Great Dane ZTR. It has 270 hours on it and has been well maintained. I know this cause I have used it for about a year. It is owned by a friend of mine. He keeps on lending it to me to try and sell it to me. I like the machine and am thinking about buying it from him. It has a 26 Hp Kaw on it. Is there a web site out there that shows how much used equipment is worth? Or can you guys tell me what you think it would be worth. Thanks.:usflag:

2. jimmbo407

bump bump :usflag:

3. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Whats his asking price? I'm not sure how much new great danes go for but you should be about 1k to 1500 less than what he paid. Those hours are practically nothing. JMO

4. jimmbo407

He has only said that he paid just under 9Gs for it. That seems kind of steep. Of couse I have never shopped for a ZTR before. Thanks for the info.

5. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

Many of you may not know this but the dealers all have a " Blue Book" for used commercial mowers. Just like cars, trucks, tractors , etc. Call your dealer for a value.

6. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

they are 8,500 to 9,000 new I would give him 6,500

7. Jacob's Yardworks LLC

Jacob's Yardworks LLC LawnSite Member

Yeah my 61'' Great Danes were around 9000 new and Im gettin another used 61'' this week with 800 hours on it and for 4000.

8. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know how Great dane's how there value. But my dealer told me he would give me $6,500 trade in and mine has almost 600 hour. There was one in the paper same year as mine but has the efi with 800 hours on it and he sold it for $6,800.

9. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

OO and by the way my mower is a dixie chopper and the one I stated above was a dixie chopper too.