How do you know when it is time to BUY a PERMA GREEN SPREADER?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ECLC, Feb 25, 2004.

1. ECLC

ECLC LawnSite Member

I am seriously considering buying one of these spreaders.
    I am currently using Lescos push spreader, but this is taking way to much time and is killing our guys in the middle of the summer.
    Thanks for any help.

2. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

Once you try one you will know. If you have work for it , then try one out. Also, it will be a time saver for you and your guys. I have three of them and they are great!

3. trying 2b organic

trying 2b organic LawnSite Senior Member

I dont know that spreader but Lesco is the best spreader available in Canada and what I bought after testing all others.

4. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

Lesco has a new ride on spreader. Saw at show today. sells for about 1/2 of Perma-green. Looks like a Lesco spreader w a motor

in back. Ed

5. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah but you can't spray with the Lesco spreader.

6. ECLC

ECLC LawnSite Member

The Lesco spreader does not look as well belt to me as the perma green spreader.
    The perma green spreader looks like a lot of stainless steel was used to construct the unit.
    I dont mind buying one for what they cost, I just want to make sure it would be a good investment.
    Thanks for the replys.

7. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

No PG for me. I enjoy the exercise I get pushing a spreader.

8. trophytkr

trophytkr LawnSite Member

I bought my first perma green unit last year. The new supreme unit. I can do granular or liquid at a rate of 3000 square feet per minute. At times last year i was making 100 dallars an hour. If you have enough properties close together this is possible. Will never go back to a push spreader. Granulars work better for fertilizers slower releise longer lasting but liquids work alot better for weed control. You have the best of both worlds! Go for it!!:)

9. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

buy it u cant go wrong

10. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

What's the cost on the Perma Green? I thought around $5000 or so. What have some of you paid?