how do you like this grass

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by deere615, Jun 30, 2007.

1. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

what do you guys think about this grass :hammerhead: and no I didn't trim the hedges the homeowner did and they look like crap!
    0629071141[2].jpg
    0629071222[2].jpg

0629071141[2].jpg

0629071222[2].jpg

2. walker/redmax

walker/redmax LawnSite Senior Member

They look better than the lawn :laugh:

3. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

So what does it look like after you mow it? OR did you turn this one away?

4. deere615

i will try and get some pics of it done on here soon o and when they trimmed the hedges they left all the clippings on the ground for me!

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Why surprised at that.....it is how you get rid of the trimming from hedges!

6. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

I've had it with crap jobs.

I'm in a position where I can turn work away and all this talk about parking YOUR vehicle in front of a yard and how that effects your reputation is getting to me.

I would not take a job like that. I don't know why it has taken me so long to learn this lesson (if indeed I did learn it), I've been turning down crap work in window cleaning for years.

7. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

A few years back when I first started I got a call from some guy who had a property that hadn't been cut in months. I went over to look at it. Pretty small yard (5000 sq ft) but it was 2 feet tall. I quoted him almost $150.00 hoping he would turn me away and to my surprise he took it. I did it and he paid me on time.

About 2 weeks later I got a call from him and he hooked me up with a townhouse complex, 5 rentals and a commercial dry cleaners. Turned out he worked for a property mgmt. company.

Im glad I took that **** job ;)

8. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

I had to look at your location... Thought I was looking at some of my other local LCO's lawns. LOL!
    We've noticed this year there seems to be a lot of people letting their lawns go. Dont know if it is absentee landlords, or people just dont care. Whatever it is, I've never seen so many uncared for lawns.

9. deere615

Dang I wish that would happen to me! And to MattfromNY I don't know why people are leaving their lawns go but my guess would be gas prices