How do you like your Blackberry?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by jada86, Aug 25, 2009.

1. jada86

jada86 LawnSite Member

I'm considering getting a Blackberry phone. If you own one, can you tell me how you like it?

2. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

I like my BB Curve, I just hate my Nextel service. I found an Otter Box for it and I keep it on my phone now so I don't have to worry about damaging the phone as much anymore while working.

3. skennedy04

skennedy04 LawnSite Member

Love mine hate nextel......what outer box did you get for yours...i got one from sprint and a cant hear with it on and everyone i spoke to said there was an echo

4. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

I loved my palm centrino, until I bought a BB curve. It makes the palm feel like a childs toy. Last time I was at wal-mart they had one for, this is not a typo, 8.88.

You had to sign or renew a 2 year agreement with verizon.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. JDT Property Care

JDT Property Care LawnSite Member

I have a BB Curve with verizon wireless. I love the BB and don't think I will ever go back!
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. mikey.hill

mikey.hill LawnSite Member

I liked it for a while, but I just got a zii egg. The BB doesn't even compare even after being a hard core crackberry(er?) for a couple of years. I gave it to my mom and she likes it and after getting used to my new phone I find the bb difficult to navigate and operate in general. I tried iPhone for a while but I didn't really like it that much and I heard horror stories about dealing w/ them and ATT so I'm glad I didn't keep it. Some of the things I like about the zii are a)has 64Gigs of memory b). outputs 1080p video c). no service restrictions... I can connect it to att, verizon, sprint whoever and it has wifi/bluetooth built in which I really only use the wifi connection. d) it's easy to operate and makes sense e). has tons of apps and really good browser support Some things I don't like about it: a) it cost $400 but it's not a contract phone b). It's android so some of the applications are still beta and act a little weird sometimes.

7. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

I guess it is called the defender by Otterbox: http://www.otterbox.com/blackberry-curve-8300-defender-case

I had been looking for one since I got the Curve and during a recent trip I found a store in the Atlanta airport that had one. It is a double edged sword from the standpoint of a what cost is worth it to have your phone protected? I can hear people just fine on it but I have more then a few complain about the clarity of my voice. But then again I think the Nextel service just makes it that much worse. I really wish they could do the same service plan as my other Renegade phones have: Sprint cell service w/ Nextel direct connect. That would be ideal from my standpoint.

8. jada86

jada86 LawnSite Member

Sounds like the Blackberry wins hands down! Thanks everyone!

9. Innovative

Innovative LawnSite Member
    from BC

Very happy with the Blackberry 8900. Had it for 5 months and don't know why I had waited so long. Suring the workday you have access to anything your customers / suppliers send you, and don't need to get back to the office to view it.

10. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

For you that have Blackberry phones, do you keep it with you on person, or leave it in your truck when you work?

I too am considering an upgrade from my flip-phone, but believe the Blackberry is too big to carry with me. I keep my flip-phone in my breast pocket on my shirt. I've tried a case clipped to my belt, but it just keeps getting in the way. It sticks out too far.

I would prefer to carry on person, but may have to resort to keeping in the briefcase, ... if I go with Blackberry. I want the larger screen for weather maps, and perhaps a scheduler. But, all the other stuff -- don't care. I have delayed a long time and am frustrated with my present one. It is four years old, and has a very hard time processing the Mobile Web (Verizon service). Sometimes the maps come up, but most times they do not.