How do you like your Step Saver?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by zz4guy, May 8, 2007.

1. zz4guy

zz4guy LawnSite Senior Member

I'm looking at the $300 step saver for my Super Duty Better 36" mower.

Do you like the way it operates? How is it in tight corners? How small of a yard do you use it on?

2. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

I love mine ! It takes some practice , but it can be used pretty much everywhere...if it gets to tight , jump off and move it till you can use it ....its pretty much like any other sulky !!

3. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I got my quick two or three weeks ago and they have been back ordered on the step savers. Its a royal pita for me cuz I have so much to cut and walking is making me too skinny! I am already down to 260lbs and dropping fast....not good. If I ever do get my step saver, I will chime in and let you know. I ordered the 16 hp kawi to tow my big ass around. We shall see.

4. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

The 16 horse KAI is a great engine ..it will tow you ...just be careful on hills....You order the 44 ??

5. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I ordered the 36 kawi. Awesome mower, but not too thrilled with the gator blades. The original high lifts work better imo............

WHY DO I HAVE TO B CAREFUL ON HILLS??? Does the step saver not work well on hills? Would it be going up and down hills or side to side or both?

6. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Im curious too...gonna get one...and are they bad on the hills???