How do YOU look up a phone number online?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by SodKing, Dec 27, 2003.

1. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

I was just trying to track down a former clients phone number online and then started browsing the advertisements on the site (www.switchboard.com) when I realized I was not a listed advertiser. Now, before I plunk down $36 per month I wanted to know how popular any of the search engines were. so the question is,

How do you look for phone numbers or products or services on line? Which online yellow pages do you use?

2. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

I use google

3. Cheryl

Cheryl LawnSite Member
    from Florida

4. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Reverse Lookup-Infospace

There are several selections under this tital.

Gene

5. EDP

EDP LawnSite Member

6. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 LawnSite Senior Member

7. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

I use anywho to find out who a phone# belongs to or if someone calls for an estimate but doesn't leave their address.

I use reverseadress for compiling data for direct mailing. I will drive a neighborhood writing down address then enter them into the white pages to get names. I only do this for newer developments with less then 100 homes.

8. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

9. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

I asked the question to find out who uses what. I did find the answer on switchboard. Does anyone pay to advertise on the web, other than your own website?

10. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

Nope.....I don't pay to Advertise on the web. I don't think it would target the people I want to service.