1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How do you market yourself?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by yourturfsearch, Aug 26, 2009.

1. yourturfsearch

yourturfsearch LawnSite Member

I am curious to hear what others are doing for marketing and finding out what works for you in your area. I have my own beliefs in what works, but I feel there are a lot of creative business owners out there that come up with cost effective and savvy ways to reach their customers.

please share...
  2. Two Seasons

Two Seasons LawnSite Senior Member

Word of mouth only.
  3. Mowing By The Numbers

Mowing By The Numbers LawnSite Member

We only use door hangers. It allows you to target market. The problem with mass media advertising is that you are probably going to lose all your profit in travel time because the properties will be so spread out. I assume you do track all these numbers so you know how much you are making by customer?
  4. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

5. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

ive been networking with other business in outdoor home care. from a tree removal compamy, exterminator, driveway, fertilizer ( we dont fert) etc. got many leads, has worked good. we were doing a monthly sit down meeting, but that has fizzled out now that we are up and running. we hand the work off to eachother, no fees or commissions. free advertising by word of mouth
  6. jada86

jada86 LawnSite Member

Networking and word of mouth is the best. Door hangers probably second to that. :weightlifter:
  7. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Networking and word of mouth for me...

We'll have to see what happens next year.