How do you price edging

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bigkyle, Feb 13, 2006.

1. bigkyle

bigkyle LawnSite Member

well how does everyone price edging?thanks

2. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

We add it to a cut and trim price, i have never been ask to just edge.

3. bigkyle

bigkyle LawnSite Member

yea u understand that ive never been asked to just edge either buthow do u know how much to add to the price

4. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I include mowing/edging/trimming/blowing as one service. I will not do just edging, its all or none until it's time for leaves, then its just blowers most weeks.

5. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

youll be busy for days..hahahahaha this has really been beat to death... best thing. figure out how much you need to clear a profit, per foot of edging, and when you give th quote for lawn maintence inclede it in there.... this is hard scape edging, not bed edging that is a seperate price....:)

i add about .30 cents a foot, but i can edge as fast as i can walk with my stick edger.... and it always looks pristine...

6. Fvstringpicker

Fvstringpicker LawnSite Fanatic

I include in edging in my price normally based on sq ft of the lawn. The price includes up to 150 linear ft for edging. Anything over 150 linear ft is 35 cents a foot.

7. monstermows

monstermows LawnSite Member
    from ohio

Personally from my experience if your customer wants edging you just add it into the price. If you have down a lot of edging work in your life you should be able to look at a lawn and say this will take me 10 minutes to edge. I think it is tacky to charge by the linear foot.

8. General Landscaping

General Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I figure how long it will take to maintain the edging when done every visit.
    Then multiply minutes X .75 to get a rate of $45/hr
    Sometimes by .84 to get $50/hr
    If you're wanting $60/hr, figure a buck a minute.

Don't forget to add in the time to get the edger, fire it up, and return it to the rack, etc.

Overgrown edging is more pricey as a one-time deal.

9. bigjeeping

bigjeeping LawnSite Senior Member

stick edger or walk behind edger!?

I have only used a walk behind... it works great, but I'm assuming the stick is better?

PROS? CONS? lets here some

10. garth1967

garth1967 LawnSite Senior Member

i have been asked only twice . i charge half the price of my min cut price