1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How do you promote Retaining walls?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by MJK, Sep 27, 2006.

1. MJK

MJK LawnSite Senior Member

I love doing them and i'm very good at doing them. My question how do you get more of them? How do you advertise them? What i'm thinking about is you know how you can make flyers and say why brick pavers are better then concrete, well i want to do somthing similar with retaining walls but i can't seem to think of anything. Can someone pass along some ideas? Thanks a ton for your guys help. You have been knowlegalbe.
  2. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

ask you distributer, they should have some of that info
  3. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

That would fall under advertizing for errosion control I believe.
  4. YardPro

i don't think he was looking for a category.
  5. sheshovel

Who cares what you think?
  6. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

Excellant post. I have been building them since 98 and at first i was among the few doing them. Later it became more compative. My area almost everyone needs one, here in the mountain area with a lt of hills. I have alot out there over 180 strong. I still strive for more of this business and this year we will of built around 35. People has seen my walls and i get the referals. My biggest ? has been where to advertise. My yellow page ad is very expensive but works. Under landscaping i have a dollar bill add and stating srw factory certifiedd etc., under excavating i have small add ad. walls again. Under general contractors i have another small add. I always asked what is best because where does an average person look in yellow page for a srw? I even tried under masonry cont. that sucked everyone called me one year to lay brick. So where does average homeowner look when they need a wall? I do a home show in our area that has been very successful. I gained about 6 jobs this year from it. If any one is interested i can post a few pics from my show from this past spring.
  7. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

8. GroundScapesIncorporated

GroundScapesIncorporated LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

Im interested in seeing the pictures from the show.

Lets see em.
  9. YardPro

he was asking for how to advertise for more wall jobs, and you just give a caregory of work????
    not the type of advise he was asking for....

refer to your sig line..
  10. sheshovel

Just seeing if your claws were still out.