How do you protect your equipment?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Southernlandscape343, Jun 21, 2012.

1. stansoph

stansoph LawnSite Member

Guns and locks seem to be the choice---no fists or Karate.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. watsmi57

watsmi57 LawnSite Senior Member

here are the locks that i use and the weapons (and dog) i use to protect them. I am licensed to carry. My locked trailer is kept under a metal carport, backed into a corner of the locked, fenced in backyard. It's impossible to drop the ramp and unload anything from where it gets parked. You would have to tear the fence down to get anything off the ramp. The regular padlock is for the jungle jim trimmer rack. one locking cable secures the gate to my fenced in backyard. i use another locking cable to secure the blowers to the trailer frame. Chainsaws, small hand tools, and hedge trimmers stay in the locked toolbox on the truck.

Locks only keep an honest man honest :) I just want to slow you down enough so I can get to my guns. :)

coupler lock.jpg

chock.jpg

receiver.jpg

cable.jpg

0003920896924_500X500.jpg

img-thing.jpg

beretta-px4-full-size.jpg

australian-shepherd-5.jpg

3. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

Armed guard using the H&K FAS G36e LMK Edition.

0.jpg

4. Southernlandscape343

Southernlandscape343 LawnSite Member

Glock 23 3rd Gen with Trijicon night sights. 1 chambered plus 13 in the mag!
    I did a penetration test with 8 of the BIG phone books. I duct taped them together and from about 30 ft away shot it with Gold Dots (same gr you're carrying) and a bunch of other "defense" rounds.

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM went completely through the phone books and had enough power to go inches deep into trees 50 ft behind the phone books.

The ONLY round that mushroomed up and stopped in the phone books was
    BVAC .40 JHP (these are once fired brass and I have never had any problems with them. They shoot cleaner than everything else I've ever shot. For a box of 50 rds of the JHP on cheaper than dirt you pay $14! They also have FMJ rounds which are just as great and are $10-$11 on CTD. I ONLY carry the BVAC .40 JHP rounds. I know that if that bullet were to hit someone It would stop in them. All of the other rounds you are going to have over penetration, where you could end up shooting an innocent civilian... You're then charged with shooting the civilian.

If I need to go down town or in a bad area of town I will bring my law enforcement restricted M4. It's perfect how it fits between the center console and the passenger seat. I also have 3 spare mags all loaded for the .40 in my center console, police issue OC on the side of my door.

No I'm not paranoid- I simply prepare for the worse every single day.