How do you prove you were there??

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by LawnScapers of Dayton, Nov 2, 2012.

1. azjojo99

azjojo99 LawnSite Member
    from S.C.

What brand of on board cameras do you use? Will they store multiple days worth of video and do you need to download each night?
  2. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I am finding more and more of my clients have Cameras on their homes. I still want GPS but the door hangers seem like a good idea too.
  3. wegomow

wegomow LawnSite Senior Member

Good reason not to pee in the bushes! :laugh:
  4. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I just bought this.....I have just been playing with it but so far it seems to be pretty records on 16gb SD will be great for plowing.....but I will need to modify the mount for cleanups...
  5. H & M Yard Improvements

H & M Yard Improvements LawnSite Member

A door hanger with date and time would be good. Also I would think that fresh stripes on the lawn from the mowers and or no leaves on the lawn would also be a good indication that we were there. Never had that problem.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

If the leaves are really coming down, it can look like I was never there 1 hr after I finish
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I do the same thing. I can go back at least 10 years and tell any customer details about my visit to their house on any given day.
  8. Moose's Mowing

Moose's Mowing LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought an iPhone app yesterday. it's called noreastern storm systems. It's pretty basic but I plan to use it a lot. they have a mowing version and a plowing version. it's just a digital log pretty much but it stores all the customer info and you can click the little box showing what services you completed. you can also take a picture right in the app then email a "receipt" right to the customer. I think it gives a time stamp in the pic as well. the app was 99 cents. they have a free version but that one doesn't store the customer info. for 2 bucks, I think I found something good. I think I read over on plowsite that the app writer for this is a plowsite member.
  9. TurfWerks

TurfWerks LawnSite Senior Member

I have been comtemplating a Go-Pro camera with a mount for my truck. records video in front of every house. Also has an attachment to body mount it too if I so desire.. I already use door hangers and lawn flags.
  10. bj1bmx

bj1bmx LawnSite Member
    from NJ

if the leaves are coming down THAT hard in one area where we think the lawn will be covered right after we leave or if the wind is blowing THAT hard, we often move to a different area to work that day or perform a different service. we usually do 2 huge leaf cleanups at each property in the Fall after mowing has slowed. the results are obvious when we leave even if leaves are still falling.

sounds like your customer is a PITA. i would either reconsider the conditions in which you do leaf cleanups or find customers that don't question your integrity...